The Patient's Corner
To join the AAMC email talk list, enter your email address below
and then click the "Send" button:
These are a
collection of some the best sites available to patients
- The nationís largest organization of patients, medical professionals, scientists and concerned citizens promoting safe and legal access to cannabis for therapeutic use and research.
www.cannabisculture.com - Mark
Emery's online portal for his magazine Cannabis Culture.
www.norml.org - A good source for information about marijuana.
www.drugpolicy.org - Drug Policy Alliance Network.
- Marijuana Policy Project.
* Legal Information
These are the medical marijuana laws:
Alaska: Since 1999, up to 8 ounces of dried marijuana and six mature or 12 immature marijuana plants are legal with a signed physician statement certifying diagnosis and that other medications were considered.
Alaska Medical Marijuana Program
Arizona: Since 2010, 2 1/2 ounces of usable marijuana, and may cultivate no more than twelve marijuana plants.
Arizona Medical Marijuana Act
California: Since 1996, up to 8 ounces of dried marijuana and six mature or 12 immature marijuana plants.
California Medical Marijuana Program
Colorado: Since 2000, for patients in possession of ID cards, up to 8 ounces. (Text of law)
Colorado Medical Marijuana Program
Connecticut: Since 2012, one month supply. (Text of law)
Connecticut Medical Marijuana Program
Delaware: Since 2011, up to 6 ounces of dried marijuana. State-regulated, non-profit compassion centers.
Delaware Medical Marijuana Act
District of Columbia: Since 2010, up to 2 ounces of dried marijuana. DC-regulated, non-profit dispensary and cultivation centers.
District of Columbia Medical Marijuana Act
Hawaii: Since 2000, no more than 3 usable ounces and seven plants, three of which may be mature.
Hawaii Medical Marijuana Program
Maine: Since 1999, 2.5 ounces and six plants, three of which may be mature.
Maine Medical Marijuana Program
Massachusetts: Since 2012, 60-day supply. Up to 35 medical marijuana treatment centers and hardship cultivation registration. Text of law
Michigan: Since 2008, 2.5 ounces and 12 plants. (Text of law)
Michigan Medical Marijuana Program
Montana: Since 2004, 1 usable ounce and six plants. (Text of law)
Montana Medical Marijuana Program
Nevada: Since 2000, 1 usable ounce and seven plants, three of which may be mature. Patients may use affirmative defense to argue that greater amounts are medically necessary. (Text of law)
Nevada Medical Marijuana Program
New Jersey: Since 2010, 2 ounces per month
New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act
New Mexico: Since 2007, "Adequate supply" to be determined by state Health Department.
New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program
Oregon: Since 1998, 24 ounces of usable marijuana, six mature marijuana plants and 18 seedlings per patient jointly with his or her caregiver. (Text of law)
Oregon Medical Marijuana Program
Rhode Island: Since 2006, 2.5 usable ounces and 12 plants. (Text of law)
Rhode Island Medical Marijuana Program
Vermont: Since 2004, 2 usable ounces and three plants, one of which may be mature.
Vermont Medical Marijuana Program
Washington: Since 1996, a "60-day supply" is allowed. (Text of law)
Washington State Department of Health Medical Marijuana Page
- Federal prisoners: ANYONE who is charged with a criminal offense and is in Federal prison and did not commit a crime in the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, should consider filing a motion to dismiss due to lack of subject matter jurisdiction. Send your information to the email@example.com. For $100 Dollars forms will be sent to the federal prisoners who qualify. They will just need the name and case number typed into the form, and then send them to Sheridan Oregon to be submitted to a US Supreme Court case. The money goes to an attorney filing the US Supreme Court case out of Sheridan Oregon. Medical marijuana patients are encouraged to submit a motion to dismiss. For more information contact the publicbulldog at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full text of proposition 215
- ID cards for California patients/caregivers
- Oregon Medical Marijuana Act
- Some of California Attorney
General Lockyer's Statements on
Prop. 215 policy. Including:
"Letter of the Attorney General to all DAs,
police chiefs and sheriffs in California."
Pro 215 brief to the Supreme Court
Pro SB 187
- California 2008 Attorney General Guidelines for growing medical marijuana.
- Local county guidelines as of Sept 2000, with some updates.
- California city and county guidelines
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
- Employee Health Policy Model Workplace Policy for Cannabis.
* Medicinal Information
Physicians, Cannabis Cooperatives and Dispensaries
A Roster of San Francisco's Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
Clinical Studies and Case Reports
of physicians in California
who will write recommendations for qualified patients
- Brought to you by
San Francisco Medical Cannabis Dispensaries - Directory of San Francisco Cannabis Clubs
Medical Marijuana Dispensaries - Directory of Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
marijuana patients/supporters in Idaho can join the Idaho group at
marijuana patients in Oregon can link up with other
Oregon patients at
Oregon Cannabis Exchange
Cancer cachexia and cannabinoids
Cannabinoids and Memory
Cannabinoids in clinical practice
Cannabis and Depression
Cannabis and Migraine
Cannabis and Treatment of Chemo Related Nausea
Conditions Treated With Cannabis
Control of the cell survival/death decision by cannabinoids
delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol in clinical oncology
Neuroprotection by Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol
ACS : American Cancer Society
InteliHealth: Chronic Pain
American Diabetes Association
National Library of Medicine - PubMed
MEDLINEplus: Pancreatic Diseases
* Gardening Information
collection of links represents the most efficient and up
to date information you will need to grow your own
medicine. Outdoor growing, while still the cheapest and
most productive method, has many inherent risks. These
links are targeted towards indoor growers who want to get
the best seeds and the highest yields for their hard
Medical Marijuana - Welcome to Over Exposed
Learn How to Grow Marijuana
Grow Weed Easy covers many popular cannabis cultivation topics
Choosing a strain
Cannabis strains, genetics, indica/sativa content, potency - by Charly Stix
Cannabis Marijuana Seeds from planetskunk - genuine high quality Dutch cannabis marijuana seeds
Marijuana Seeds by Mary Jane's Garden
- Marijuana seeds, Cannabis seeds, Free growing instructions and Free world Delivery.
Medical marijuana seeds
How to Grow Medical Marijuana by Todd McCormick
(6.2 MB pdf file)
Marijuana Botany by Robert Connell Clarke
- greenhouse supplies and commercial greenhouses that will give your plants significant growth and optimal health.
- home of the most efficient and affordable HID
lights there are. Purchase a PL light and see why the
Dutch have used them for years.
Patient Resources |
Medical Uses |
News & Events |
Message Board |