of our readers has submitted a wonderful recipe for a delicious beverage that
is guaranteed to be soothing. Nebu doesnít like cannabis extractions using
animal products like butter so he uses the natural oils found in nuts. These
oils can be beneficial all by themselves particularly the omega three fatty
acids. While Nebu and Nurse Nancy Wife both love Hazelnuts, yours truly doesnít
so I asked if you can use macadamia nuts. Yum, you can! You could also use
walnuts if you like that flavor and want more omega three.
also like to point out that Nebu and I discussed using flowers (bud) versus
trim. High grade trim will work but not be as potent nor will it taste as good.
Keep this treat refrigerated and use extreme caution as you can see from the
recipe youíve got a solid 30 grams of flowers into a bit less than four cups
making this preparation one of the strongest Iíve ever seen.
I thought I would share a little recipe with everyone who might find occasion
to ingest their cannabis as opposed to inhale. I typically prefer
phyto-inhalation (aka vaporization or volitization) of cannabis as method of
delivery but, not too long ago, I was a bit laid out from an outpatient surgery
and wanted to medicate whilst horizontal (to deal with pain), without the
typical prescription narcotics/acetaminophens, etc.,.
I am also not a proponent of drinking another mammal's lactating excretion
(i.e. cow's milk, etc.,) in any shape or form, so I use other forms of
"milk" (i.e. Hemp Seed, Almond, Sesame, Pecan, Hazelnut, Walnut,
Cashew, Rice, Soy). It's very easy to do and you get all the nutritional
benefits of live, raw enzymes without the pesticides, antibiotics, white-blood
cells, bovine growth hormones, etc., from "dead" milk (they have to
cook it, "pasteurize" in order to kill the diseases, bacteria,
Here's what you'll need:
- Bubble Bag or other polymesh (75U)
- 4 cups Water (spring, 'live' water is best, or
- 1 cup Hazelnuts (or other favorite nut)
- 3 Dates
- 4 Tablespoons Raw Honey
- 1 Oz of Kind (lower nugs, else trim)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla extract (La Vencedora, if
you can get it)
- Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
* edit -> soak the hazelnuts in water overnight (necessary for most
varieties of nuts in order to soften them). Use the soak water as part of the 4
cups in the blender mix, step 1 below.
1. Combine the water, nuts, dates, vanilla, and salt into the blender and blend
on high for a good 5 minutes.
2. Strain this through the 75U mesh into a pot. Work the nut mush good to get
all the juice out. *I save my nut mush for other recipes (i.e. nut yoghurt, mix
w/dry fruits and dehydrate for trail mix/cookies, etc.,)
3. Take the pot of nut milk, add the Oz of kind and slowly heat on low on the
stove. If you can measure the temp keep it below 125F (the enzymes in your milk
can survive below this temp). Slow-low cook for ~ 10 minutes while stirring
4. Remove from stove and filter thru the 75U again.
5. Add the honey to taste... organic cocoa (2 tablespoons) is also a good
choice here to help mask the taste if necessary.
Chill or drink warm, as preferred. Makes ~ 4 cups.
Hazy Hazelnut Bhang came from these pretty flowers: